Thursday, June 16, 2005

What? Another blog?

Phil! What are you playing at?

I'm not sure. I've been writing everything for so long on my wiki where I indulge in all manner of interconnections between things ... but WikiIsLikeFoldedProtein, powerful, dense, but unintelligable.

These new blogs are attempts to unwind the wiki in various ways. To extract threads and themes that make sense and tell a particular story to a particular audience.

This blog is about TheSwingBetweenTimeAndSpace The issues of translating from one to the other.

It's about design and design that's aware of time. It will cover the Alexandrian pattern story, some issues in software and interface design, but go off in a more poetic direction. Maybe even indulge in some more visual experimentation too.

Expect sporadic, aphoristic posts here ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernard (ben) Tremblay said...

Late 90s I went to Dalhousie to study cog-psych and criminology as a "mature student" (mid/late 40s ... and I ended up a) programming VRML in an ethology lab and b) getting totally seduced by historiography) but that was my 2nd crack at the U. In the mid-70s I was at UofA doing Phil and CS, after having dropped out in Grade 11 and doing a stint in SigInt and then comm_tech with CNTelecom (NORAD/SAC) and broadcast_tech with CBC Radio (recording and running MCR).

That just to set context for this: in my last year of my stay at UofA, while having figured out a way to use the main-frame as a publishing system for the anti-apartheid movement, I was pondering the innards of materialism / idealism ... I guess I was a tantric Buddhist in my heart even back then ... and it occurred to me that, just like a phonton is neither/nor/both when it comes to particle/wave, so we entirely confusticate things when we strain the distinction of time and space.

What's space except the time it takes for a state-change to propagate?
That's what occurred to me in '78. I dropped outta the U, took some of the money I had stashed while in the Arctic to buy a taxi, and moved into a Zen priory to practice Soto.

If something "matters" it has consequences ... if there are no effects then there is no cause and so the "it" is of no "matter".

*cough*
Where was I ...
... oh yaa: securing Wikis, a nice quantifiable repeatable service bundle.
heh

^5

!Venceremos!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home